If you don't have any ideas of interesting place to go around Jakarta. I will give you any recommendations.
Despite I am not Jakartan and have not been stayed for so long in Jakarta, but I have experience when I have to accompany our company guest from Sweden.
It was on Thursday October 2012, when my President Director directly asked me to accompany Mr. Carl with Mr. Tim Rong to have sightseeing around Jakarta on week end. Wow, That was a very good opportunity to enjoy time on the week end and also practicing my English. I will be with Mr. Tim Rong to accompany him (Mr. Tim is from Shanghai) so I am the only local person besides the driver.
I went to Mulia Hotel by taxi to meet Carl and Tim. Tim directly went to Mulia Hotel from his apartment with his driver. I met Tim at the lobby and after few minutes Carl joined us. My first impression, Carl was very nice and kind although he is a Boss. He looked wise and charming.
The first stop, as my President Director recommendation is Sunda Kelapa Museum.
Despite I am not Jakartan and have not been stayed for so long in Jakarta, but I have experience when I have to accompany our company guest from Sweden.
It was on Thursday October 2012, when my President Director directly asked me to accompany Mr. Carl with Mr. Tim Rong to have sightseeing around Jakarta on week end. Wow, That was a very good opportunity to enjoy time on the week end and also practicing my English. I will be with Mr. Tim Rong to accompany him (Mr. Tim is from Shanghai) so I am the only local person besides the driver.
I went to Mulia Hotel by taxi to meet Carl and Tim. Tim directly went to Mulia Hotel from his apartment with his driver. I met Tim at the lobby and after few minutes Carl joined us. My first impression, Carl was very nice and kind although he is a Boss. He looked wise and charming.
The first stop, as my President Director recommendation is Sunda Kelapa Museum.
1. Sunda Kelapa Museum
We could study about Jakarta History at this museum, the colonial era in Jakarta. You can use guide in local language IDR 35.000 or in English IDR 75.000 - 100.000). The guide was very nice and his English was good.
Sunda Kelapa Museum Building.
Bangunan Sunda Kelapa.
Boat Miniature from many regions/countries.
Miniatur kapal dari beberapa daerah/negara.
In the middle of Tim and Carl, but I blink when the camera have been clicked. :(
Di tengah2 Tim dan Carl, lagi kedip pas dijepret kamera. :(
- Museum Sejarah Jakarta / Fatahillah Museum
Traditional cooking/eating utensils.
Peralatan masak/makan tempo dulu.
- Wayang Museum (Puppet Museum)
Wayang is is a Javanese word for particular kinds of theatre. When the term is used to refer to kinds of puppet theatre, sometimes the puppet itself is referred to as wayang. Performances of shadow puppet theatre are accompanied by a gamelan orchestra in Java, and by gender wayang in Bali.
Wayang is is a Javanese word for particular kinds of theatre. When the term is used to refer to kinds of puppet theatre, sometimes the puppet itself is referred to as wayang. Performances of shadow puppet theatre are accompanied by a gamelan orchestra in Java, and by gender wayang in Bali.
In Wayang Museum we could have new knowledge about wayang in Indonesia, not only wayang from Indonesia but also from other country like Malaysia, China, France, etc.


Puppet leather from Indonesia and wayang but look like a Doll from other Country( Oh, I forgot the Country, sorry :( )
- Batavia cafe.
We had lunch in Batavia Cafe, still in this area. My comment: so cozy .. but when we were there, this place was so crowded .. we waited a little bit before the food (that we've ordered) was served on our table.
What a comfortable sofa .. vintage .. I have like this one in my home ..
We had lunch in Batavia Cafe, still in this area. My comment: so cozy .. but when we were there, this place was so crowded .. we waited a little bit before the food (that we've ordered) was served on our table.
The atmosphere made us remember of old Jakarta. the menu was on the behind of The painting or pictures of sexy model on the wall .. Unique.
We ordered nasi goreng and bakmi goreng (Indonesian food) for our main course. besides eastern menu, they also offered western menu. So, you don't need to worry, because many menu as you want.
4. Pasar Raya Grande
Nice place for shopping. They sell many things, from traditional to modern. According to me, the price isn't too low. but suit for foreigner, and sometimes they give discounts.
Carl bought polo shirt "Polo" Brand for his family. So sweet.
5. The 5th place is "SKYE" Restaurant
SKYE located in Thamrin Road at BCA Tower. It is my Mfg director's recommendation, we all knew that he is "the master". This place was so amazing. We couldn't have dinner there because we needed to book 5 days before went there on week end. So, we decided to only have some snacks or drinks.
Oh ya, I almost forgot .. the dress code to enter the lounge area is formal and fashionable .. They are really firm to this rule..
Oh ya, I almost forgot .. the dress code to enter the lounge area is formal and fashionable .. They are really firm to this rule..
The scenery of Night Jakarta, taken from 56th level behind the window.
Pemandangan Jakarta malam hari dari lantai 56 dari balik jendela kaca.
6. Jimbaran Bali Restaurant (I've visited here for many times.. one of my favorite places in Jakarta).
You will feel you are in Bali when you were there. Yaaa, this is because of Jimbaran Bali is Balinese restaurant.. the atmosphere, the music, ornament, design .. just look like in Bali.
You will feel you are in Bali when you were there. Yaaa, this is because of Jimbaran Bali is Balinese restaurant.. the atmosphere, the music, ornament, design .. just look like in Bali.
It was 7.15 O'clock when we just entranced in Ancol area gate... At that time, they conducted concert in Ancol Festival, so that's why in there so crowded and we faced traffic jam...
Oh ... I was worry because Bali dance would perform at 7.30 to 8.00 p.m. after few minutes we were on traffic jam, we decided to get out of car and started walking.

















besok kalo aku ke jakarta harus diajak ke sini ya..
ReplyDeleteOK Gus, with my pleasure... beres deh .. Kapan ke Jakarta ???
Deletewow amazing..... nice place
ReplyDeleteiiiih..jeng Iffa jalan2 mulu sama bule deeh. Yang jalan2 sama Vig & Andrea, di tulis juga dong :D
ReplyDeleteHihihi .. That's one of benefit to work in our factory .. right ?? ...
DeleteOke mba .. ntar ak tulis deh .. waiting for my next articles ya .. cup cup muach ..
Argh Mbak Iffa bikin mupeng buat jlaan-jalan kesana , iya besok antar jalan-jalan ya kalo ke Jakarta :D
ReplyDeleteAyuuuuk mba Anis .. kapan mau kesini ??? Kabar2 loh ya kalo mau ke Jakarta ... kutunggu kedatanganmu ya Mba Anis sayang ...
Delete