Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Simple Green "Kebaya Encim"

A kebaya is traditional blouse-dress combination originates from Indonesia. It is sometimes made from sheer material such as silk, thin cotton, chiffon, semi-transparent nylon or polyester, adorned with brocade of floral pattern embroidery. Kebaya usually worn with a batik, or other traditional woven garment such as ikat, songket, etc.
The kebaya is the national costume of Indonesia, although it's more endemic to the Javanese, Sundanese, and Balinese people.
People usually wear kebaya to attend wedding or another formal or semi-formal occasions.

Here is my simple green encim kebaya with Batik skirt (songket motif),  I wore in semi-formal occasions with my families. 
 Me with Ayu (my lovely cousin)





Me with Masayu (my sister)

Kebaya by Tidito Boutique || Shoes by Yongki Komaladi

Also the example below is my simple pink brocade kebaya with my own design. 

Which one do you like ? Green encim kebaya or pink brocade kebaya ?
Your comment is most welcomed.

LOVE,
Iffa

19 comments:

  1. Hey !! :)
    Lovely photographies !
    Thank you so much for your comment, and maybe we can follow each other, let me know ^^

    http:/www.modeinpatricia.blogspot.fr/

    kisses,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. We visited Jakarta last October but we stayed longer in Bali and I'm really hoping to come back. You have a beautiful country. Thanks btw for dropping by my blog. Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?

    www.gianbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the green, so pretty on you! Love your sister's yellow dress too :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post <3
    You really do have a lovely blog, just stumbled across it now

    Would you like to follow each other via GFC, instagram, twitter and bloglovin’?
    If so let me know and I’ll follow you right back

    My blog is a fashion/lifestyle blog!

    Speak soon,
    Have a lovely day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/andkateblog
    www.instagram.com/andkateblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! I am loving green at the moment too! It looks great next to the pink! Hopefully you might want to check out my style too!

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! So cool:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    Join my giveaway: http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved how you mix tradition with fashion..Loved both your kebayas..and that skirt is your own design!! Wow! You are talented girl!
    magnefiestaofmumbai.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning!!!
    Thanks for the comment!! What about following each other?
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the green. You look beautiful!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yi-chia,
      Many thanks.
      I just visited your blog. You have great style.

      Kisses,
      Iffa

      Delete
  10. you look great <33

    - A.
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green kebaya looks so fresh and pretty <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award!Check out here.
    http://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/a-big-thank-you-for-two-awards/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Kebaya blouse, its beautiful. :)Is it made out of chiffon? It fits really good on you. :)

    xoxo,
    Tina
    http://fashionandchocolat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. simple pink brocade kebaya.. hemmm so beautiful

    ReplyDelete